What is Google Site Kit?
Google Site Kit is part of the Google Developers suite of tools. It is designed to make integrating Google services into WordPress sites more accessible. Once you install Google Site Kit, you can access unified insights and functional product capabilities directly from the WordPress admin panel. When helpful, it will also provide insights into Google products for advanced reporting and product configuration capabilities. Google Site Kit is installed by request in our SEO Services.
What’s Included with Google Site Kit?
Once installed, the Google Site Kit will provide the following Google Services as a dashboard within your WordPress dashboard:
- Search Console: The Google search console is a free service that aims to help website owners monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot their website presence in search engines. Its tools and reports allow you to confirm that Google can indeed find and crawl your site. It also includes search traffic data for your website, including how often your site appears in search, which search queries show your site, how often people click through for those queries, and more.
- Analytics: Google Analytics is another free service that intends to help website owners learn more about the people visiting their websites. With it, you’ll be able to find the most popular pages on your site, where people are visiting your website from, how long they stay on it, and more.
- AdSense: Google AdSense is a way to monetize your content with ads. If your website does not use Google AdSense for monetization purposes, you need not connect the AdSense module from within WordPress.
- Optimize: Want to run split tests with your audience to optimize their experience? Google Optimize lets you do just that for free, without coding knowledge.
- PageSpeed Insights: This tool is helpful for developers who want to learn more about how Chrome users experience a website. It will provide insights into how quickly a page loads and suggestions for improvement.
- Tag Manager: Use Tag Manager to organize reports for your various marketing campaigns. Adding tags in the tag manager dashboard on WordPress will add them to your Google account for ease of use.
Google Search Console is the only tool automatically enabled for everyone. When you complete the setup process, you will have granted permission to allow WordPress to access your Google Search Console data so it can display on your dashboard.
After you have granted their respective permissions, you’ll receive a completion notification. From there, you can click on “Go to my dashboard.”
Once in the dashboard, you can connect to other services, including analytics, AdSense, and Pagespeed insights. These are optional; however, the more benefits you click to the Moor insights, the more you can access them from within your WordPress dashboard.
If you want to be able to connect for Optimize and Tag Manager, you will have to do so from the plugin settings.
Will Installing Google Site Kit Slow My Website Down?
How to Use Google Site Kit
- Make it a point to review the main dashboard weekly, looking for significant changes in how people find your site.
- Compare your top-performing pages and look at how people found them. Is a particular social media channel drawing in more visitors? Are all of your top-performing pages related to a single topic or product? Use the trends in the data to plan your content and social media strategies to keep the traffic boost going.
- Monitor how your recent blog posts are performing by looking at the individual page reports.
- Enable the PageSpeed Insights and Analytics modules to determine whether your page load time affects your bounce rate.
The Google Site Kit WordPress plugin was released on October 31, so it’s still a young project. While many are very impressed by the initial release, we know additional features will be added later – because what Google product hasn’t evolved since its initial debut?